This 11.2-channel preamp/processor offers Marantz's signature musicality, plus the latest surround sound and video processing technology. You'll connect it to your choice of external power amps, using either balanced (XLR) or unbalanced (RCA) cables.
Marantz made sure the AV7706 is compatible with the latest video technology. One of its eight HDMI inputs supports 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video content (think Sony's PlayStation® 5, or the Xbox Series X).
The other seven HDMI inputs support 4K at 60 frames per second — perfect for high-quality sources like a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, or an Apple TV.
Immersive, lifelike sound
The AV7706 excels at processing "object-based" surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™, which place sound effects in space around you with pinpoint accuracy.
With support for up to 11 speakers, you'll hear the movie's score and special effects above, behind, in front of, and beside you — just like you would in an actual theater.
Music in one room or many
This pre/pro also lets you stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Apple AirPlay 2. Or, use the built-in phono input to hook up your turntable. You can even play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer.
HEOS Built-in technology lets you access all kinds of different content through the AV7706. Listen to internet radio stations, or to popular subscription services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL.
You can also integrate the AV7706 into a wireless multi-room audio system with compatible speakers or streaming components.
Advanced room calibration with Audyssey
The AV7706 includes Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 — one of the industry's best room-correction platforms. Audyssey measures the acoustics of your room with the included microphone, and then fine-tunes the output of your system to best match the unique sonic characteristics of your space.
To fully dial-in your system, you will need thel Audyssey MultEQ Editor app (around $20). It lets you direct the speaker calibration process from your phone or tablet, instead of with the handheld remote control.
The app also unlocks additional Audyssey features that I have found well worth the money, like EQ curve adjustment, Midrange Compensation control, and the ability to save multiple calibration profiles.
- home theater preamp/processor with 11.2-channel processing
- supports up to 11 speakers with external poqwer amps
- Marantz's HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules) circuit boards offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby®, DTS®, and Auro-3D® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration system
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Wi-Fi® for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- three-room/three-source output
- multi-zone playback supports both analog and digital audio connections
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analog audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- 1 input and 2 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- all inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 5 analog RCA stereo inputs
- 2 optical and 2 coaxial digital audio inputs
- front-panel Type-A USB input for plugging in a thumb drive
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs, including two discrete line-level subwoofer outputs
Setup, dimensions, and warranty:
- free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Marantz Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- 17-5/16"W x 7-5/16"H x 16-1/4"D (9-3/4"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 22.9 lbs.