JBL SDP-55 16 Channel Surround Sound Processor
Item In StockBOOK A DEMONSTRATION
The JBL SDP-55 has been designed to ensure exceptional performance without compromise. With best-in-class audio and video signal integrity, 16 channels of native processing, Dolby ATMOS, DTS:X 3D, Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced, Dirac Live, Logic16, Network Streaming, Dante and Class G amplification; the SDP-55 delivers a powerful, sensory-rich experience with unrivaled flexibility.
Best in class audio and video signal integrity and processing ensure exceptional transparency even with the most demanding program material. An audiophile-grade 24 Bit/ 192kHz ESS Sabre Pro DAC, combined with Dirac Live room equalization ensure pristine sound for music and movies. The Harman proprietary Logic 16 up mixer allows content to envelop the listener with a rich and natural three dimensional sound, no matter the source format.
Your Content Your Way
Many ‘High-End’ Processors exclude real world everyday conveniences for the end-user. The SDP-55 provides a variety of ways to experience content whether using an elaborate network media server over Ethernet or Wi-Fi or simply streaming directly from your Tablet or SmartPhone via Bluetooth with aptX HD. You can source content from a Smart TV with high-resolution audio via eARC, utilse Chromecast built-in and Apple AirPlay 2. There’s even a DAB/FM antenna for OTA radio!
Advanced circuitry and decades of know-how ensure the 4K Ultra HD video signal is perfectly clear and rock solid. The video stages are designed to harness the latest technology and deliver the best quality formats including Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+, HDMI2.0b with HDCP2.2, and 3D video capabilities built-in.
The JBL Synthesis SDP-55 is an IMAX Enhanced-certified AV Receiver and features DTS:X immersive audio decoding that is optimized to properly reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in IMAX Enhanced content. With meticulous adjustments modeled on the IMAX theatrical sound system, this proprietary IMAX audio mix is translated for home theater environments and exclusively delivered using a special variant of the DTS:X CODEC technology to deliver the IMAX signature sound experience in the home.
A More Dramatic TV Experience
Dolby Vision is superior HDR. Using the same underlying technology as the most advanced Cinemas, Dolby Vision enables an enhanced image through superior content and smarter TV display performance.
The JBL Synthesis SDP-55 leverages the 24bit /192k ESS Sabre 9028 Pro featuring -120dB THD+N for D/A conversion. The analog circuitry on the input and output stages is optimised for unequaled dynamic range, ultra-low distortion and unmatched audio clarity. Carefully designed anti-jitter circuitry and ultra-clean power supplies are incorporated to ensure all audio paths, including HDMI, are uncompromised.
With 15.1 decoding, 9.1.6 preamp outputs, both balanced XLR and single-ended RCA, independent Zone 2 combined with RS232 and Ethernet, the SDP-55 offers exceptional versatility. Four of the sixteen channels allow independent volume and delay settings for added configuration options. Independent volume control for the Sub woofers allow fine-tuning and front panel Headphone and aux (3.5 mm) jacks add convenience. Flexible configuration including Dante, IP, IR and RS232 control and a Zone 2 with ‘High-Resolution’ audio, 4K video, IR and triggers make the SDP-55 an outstanding choice for a broad range of applications.
The JBL Synthesis SDP-55 includes Dante, an uncompressed, multi-channel digital media networking technology with near-zero latency and synchronization. All 16 channels of processed audio, plus Zone 2 (18 channels total) can be routed to any Dante enabled receiving device over a standard network. Dante does away with heavy, expensive analog or multi-core cabling, replacing it with low-cost, easily-available CAT5e, CAT6 for a simple, lightweight and economical solution. Dante is easy to set-up and compatible with JBL Synthesis Dante enabled Amplifiers as well as a wide selection of third-party Dante-enabled audio products. Dante integrates media and control for your entire system over a single, standard IP network. The applications are endless.
JBL has a rich history in professional digital audio processing, with products found in the vast majority of world-class recording studios. This pedigree is evident in the proprietary Logic16 up mixer, which produces astonishing natural three-dimensional sound. Designed by Harman research scientists and engineers, Logic16 provides a listening experience that will make you feel like you are in the concert hall or on the set. This subtlety is achieved without the sense of psycho-acoustic processing or effects. Logic 16 will up-mix any input source from mono upto 15.1 including all Dolby formats.
Luxurious Industrial Design
The modern industrial design exudes luxury. The half-inch thick anodized aluminum fascia with bead blasted accents and solid glass display makes a distinguished statement. A sturdy 2″ aluminum knob performs volume control and data entry with a smooth and steady feel while the geometric button array keeps the lines clean and functionality simple. Front panel menu options are served up on full-color display.
Designed For The Integrator
The JBL Synthesis SDP-55 is designed for a broad range of CI applications. With an available rack mount kit, Dante, eArc and an internal Java-based configuration page and range of control options, the install, set-up, calibration and user experience is better than ever. Control drivers are available for Crestron, Control 4, Elan, RTI, URC and Savant.
- Immersive High Resolution Sound: 16 Channels of discrete ‘High Resolution’ processing with 4 user configurable channels enable a plethora of set-up options for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X3D, Auro 3D Immersive Surround Sound Applications
- Dante Network Audio: All 16 channels of processed audio, plus Zone 2 can be routed on a single CAT5e, CAT6 cable over a standard network. Dante is easy to set-up and compatible with Dante enabled JBL Synthesis amplifiers
- IMAX Enhanced: IMAX Enhanced-certified AV Receiver and features DTS:X immersive audio decoding that is optimsed to properly reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in IMAX Enhanced content
- Network And Bluetooth Streaming: Control your favorite content over Ethernet or Wi-Fi, via Spotify connect, Chromecast built-in, Apple AirPlay 2, Roon, the Harman Luxury MusicLife app, play directly from a USB flash drive or stream via Bluetooth with aptX HD
- Balanced XLR Outputs: A transformer-less balanced output of 2V RMS (max.10 V RMS) ensures ample gain and common mode noise rejection
- Cinematic Video Experience: Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDMI2.0b with HDCP2.2, 4K Ultra HD as well as 3D video capabilities are built-in
- Designed For The Integrator: With an available rack mount kit, Dante, eARC and an internal Java-based configuration page, Dirac Live, IP, IR and RS232, the install, set up and calibration has never been easier
- Logic 16: Logic 16 will up-mix any input source from mono upto 15.1, including all Dolby formats with natural astonishing 3D sound. In addition Dolby, DTS Neural:X and Auro 3D upmixers are on board
- Maximum Input: 4.5V rms
- Nominal Sensitivity: 1V, 2V, 4V (User Adjustable)
- Input Impedance: 47kΩ
- Signal/Noise Ratio (A-wtd ref 100W) Normal/Stereo Direct: 100dB/110dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz ± 0.1dB
- Nominal Output Level (Single-Ended/Balanced): 1V RMS / 2V RMS (max. 5V RMS / 10 V RMS)
- Output Impedance: 560Ω
- THD+N (20Hz-20kHz): -100dB
- Maximum Output Level Into 32Ω: 5Vrms
- Output Impedance: 560Ω:<100Ω
- Mains Voltage: 110-120V or 220-240V, 50-60Hz
- Power Consumption (Maximum): 50W (Thermal Dissipation Approx. 170 BTU/Hour)
- Power Consumption (Idle, Typical): 40W (Thermal Dissipation Approx. 170 BTU/Hour)
- Power consumption (Standby): <0.5W
- Dimensions (WxDxH) (Including Speaker Terminals / Including Feet): 433 x 425 x 17 1mm
- Weight: 10.6 kg