Turn your favorite pair of passive speakers into a smart streaming music system. The Denon HEOS Amp provides the amplification and access to your favorite music services. This compact component can supply enough power for most bookshelf speakers, and even some efficient tower speakers. With built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, the versatile HEOS Amp puts a huge selection of wireless music at your fingertips. Download the free HEOS app for Apple®, Android™, or Kindle to play and control tunes wirelessly — including high-resolution music.
Wish your speakers had more bass? The HEOS Amp has a preamp output for connecting a powered subwoofer
Just add indoor or outdoor speakers to enjoy your wireless tunes, in stereo.
A versatile music source and power supply for outdoor speakers
Our in-house A/V designers tell us that outdoor speaker
customers call with two common conundrums:
- They have a set of speakers pre-wired and mounted outside, but no way to power them.
- Or their home theater receiver sits near the front of their house, and they want to add speakers to the back porch or patio.
The HEOS Amp is a good solution for either scenario. You can place the amp just inside and it will deliver clean sound to a pair of outdoor speakers. Plus, with the help of a good Wi-Fi router or extender
, you can control everything out on the deck with your phone or tablet. This saves you a trip inside every time you need to change the music.
HEOS offers a wide array of music options, including high-res support
After you download the HEOS app to your smartphone or tablet, you'll find an incredible amount of music to play through your stereo speakers. You have access to music stored on your smartphone or tablet, plus downloads found on a server or computer. This second-generation HEOS Amp will even play your high-resolution music files.
There's also support for Pandora®, TIDAL, Amazon Prime, and SiriusXM. Pull up a new song or podcast on SoundCloud, or stream Internet radio from TuneIn or iHeartRadio. And if you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect
lets you play all your favorite albums and playlists.
Built-in Bluetooth gives you more musical freedom
Want to listen to live clips from YouTube? Or maybe you have a new music service that's not yet available through the HEOS app? The latest generation of HEOS has you covered. Use Bluetooth to stream any and all audio sources from your phone or tablet through the HEOS 1, without restrictions. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other HEOS speakers.
Add HEOS speakers throughout the house
The HEOS app lets you choose one song for speakers connected to the HEOS Amp, and something completely different on other HEOS speakers elsewhere. Or you can group HEOS speakers together and have the same tunes playing through several rooms. Have first-generation HEOS gear? All HEOS components are compatible, so you can mix and match.
Send TV or CD sound to other rooms
The HEOS Amp has analog and digital connections for other audio sources like a disc player, cable or satellite box, turntable, portable music player, or streaming media device. You can send music from any of these connected sources to other HEOS speakers and components.
- built-in stereo amplifier: 100 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.7% THD
- easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other HEOS devices
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- free app for Apple®, Android™, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- plays music stored on device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- future support for AIFF and DSD via firmware update
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
Connections and dimensions:
stereo RCA analog inputs
optical digital audio input
USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive
3.5mm input for connecting an iPod or other portable music player
- connected audio sources can be streamed to other HEOS devices
Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
binding post speaker terminals
preamp output for a powered subwoofer
AC adapter included
8-3/4"W x 3-3/4"H x 8-1/2"D
weight: 6.2 lbs.
warranty: 2 years
requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet