Exceptional in-ceiling performance
Bowers & Wilkins is legendary for their high-performance bookshelf and floor-standing loudspeakers. But the British hi-fi company also makes elite custom-integration speakers, like the Reference Series CCM7.3 S2.
This unique in-ceiling speaker directs sound down and forward toward your listening position, making a movie's soundtrack feel like it's coming from the action unfolding on the screen, instead of several feet above it. This specialized design allows for use as a left-, right-, or center-channel speaker in an overhead home theater system.
The CCM7.3 S2's drivers are angled to direct sound toward your seat.
Three-way design for ultra-smooth sound
The CCM7.3 S2 employs a three-way design to create engaging, lifelike sound in your room.
It features two of Bowers & Wilkins' 5" Aerofoil™ Profile drivers for punchy bass, and a FST™ (Fixed Suspension Transducer) Continuum™ cone midrange driver for articulate mids.
Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" carbon dome tweeter.
A built-in enclosure elevates performance
One of my favorite features of the CCM7.3 S2 is the back-box that's built onto the speaker.
This carefully designed enclosure helps this speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your ceiling. It also keeps dust and dirt out.
- ideal for an elite in-ceiling music system, or as part of a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system
- built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- 3-way, angled-baffle design
- drivers are angled for better off-axis response compared to drivers that point straight down
- 1" carbon dome tweeter
- 4" FST (Fixed Suspension Transducer) Continuum cone midrange driver
- dual 5" Aerofoil Profile bass drivers
- frequency response: 55-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25 to 200 watts
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 13-1/4"W x 13-1/4"H
- overall diameter: 14"W x 14"H
- mounting depth: 7-11/16"
- weight: 19.9 lbs.